A Kapiti Coast school is to have Wifi removed from around half of its classrooms, following concerns it may be damaging to children’s health.
Te Horo School’s Board of Trustees has decided to replace Wifi with hard-wired internet in classrooms for its year one to four students, after consulting with parents on the issue earlier this month.
The matter was sparked after one family called for more discussion on it, following concerns that a Wifi-capable iPod their son was using at home may have contributed to his fatal brain tumour.
The school’s said to have received a large number of emails from around the world in support of pulling Wifi, after it began consulting on Wifi use.
Wifi will remain in classrooms for students in years five to eight, but the school will review how it’s used early next year.
– New study links over 7,000 cancer deaths to cell phone tower radiation
– NEW urgent warning to all cell phone users
– Mobile phones can cause brain tumours, court rules
– Sheryl Crow blames cell phone for her brain tumor
– Cellphone radiation detector app banned by Apple
– DNA-destroying chip being embedded into mobile phones
– Study: 290% increased risk of brain tumor after 10 years of cellphone use
– German student creates electromagnetic harvester that gathers free electricity from thin air