Facebook suspends account for questioning official narrative on shooting

Adam LanzaDespite the fact that the mainstream media got key facts wrong in early reporting.

Facebook is suspending user accounts that question the official narrative behind the Sandy Hook school massacre, following a warning by Connecticut State Police spokesman Lt. J. Paul Vance that “misinformation” posted on social media sites could result in prosecution.

An image posted in the aftermath of the shootings that questioned whether “a clumsy 20-year-old autistic kid” could have pulled off the murders of 26 people was deleted and the user’s account hit with a three day suspension.

“I was informed the reason for this punishment was the result of a meme I had shared,” writes the editor of SecretsOfTheFed.com. “Facebook told me it “…violates Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities”. I was further warned that “If you continue to abuse Facebook’s features, your account could be permanently disabled.”

On Saturday, Connecticut state police warned that people posting “misinformation” on social media websites would be “investigated and prosecuted.”

However, this threat could apply to the vast majority of the mainstream media, who in their haste to get out ahead of the story reported numerous details that soon turned out to be completely incorrect.

- It was initially reported that Adam Lanza’s mother, the first victim of the rampage, was a teacher at the school, which was not true.

- It was initially reported that Lanza had also killed his father, which was not true.

- It was initially reported that the culprit behind the massacre was Ryan Lanza, Adam Lanza’s brother, which was not true.

- Initial reports that a “second gunman” arrested in the woods behind the school was involved in the massacre were later dropped without explanation.

Given that most of the “misinformation” about the shooting came from corporate media sources, the fact that Facebook is punishing users for asking questions about the proper sequence of events – essentially labeling such activity a thought crime – is a worrying development.

As we have previously highlighted, Facebook occasionally deletes images and posts that it claims violate “Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities,” yet constitute little more than political conjecture or a healthy skepticism of official narratives on current events.

In September 2011, Infowars reporter Darrin McBreen was told by Facebook staff not to voice his political opinion on the social networking website.

Responding to comments McBreen had made about off-grid preppers being treated as criminals, the “Facebook Team” wrote, “Be careful making about making political statements on facebook,” adding, “Facebook is about building relationships not a platform for your political viewpoint. Don’t antagonize your base. Be careful and congnizat (sic) of what you are preaching.”

SEE ALSO:
Facebook now censoring political posts as ‘hate speech’
Man buys 1 million Facebook users’ personal information for $5
Gun control? We need medication control! 

Newtown school shooting story already being changed by the media to eliminate eyewitness reports of a second shooter 

Source: http://www.infowars.com/facebook-suspends-account-for-questioning-official-narrative-on-shooting/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>