The numbers were even worse in the all important demographic of people aged 25 to 54 as CNN’s ratings dropped 59 percent and MSNBC’s 52 percent.
In an off-election year, and with last November’s numbers skewed higher as a result of the presidential election, it should be expected for ratings to decline.
However, Fox News didn’t see close to these losses. In total day, FNC is only down 18 percent since last November and 30 percent in the demo.
As you might imagine, prime time numbers were also down.
CNN was off 54 percent in total viewers and 62 percent in the demo. MSNBC declined 50 percent in total prime time viewers and 57 percent in the demo.
By contrast, FNC was second in all of cable in prime time this November averaging over 2 million viewers. This represented a decline of 21 percent in total viewers and 41 percent in the demo.
As such, no matter how you slice it, the liberal cable networks fared much worse in the past twelve months than their far more centrist competitor.
- Ultra concentrated media
- Mainstream media is officially dead
- Russell Brand destroys the mainstream media
- Mainstream media in collapse
- Mainstream media fail to break even one of four Obama scandals
- David Cameron starts ‘war on media’ over Snowden leaks
– Dianne Feinstein tries to stop alternative media
- Greenwald quits Guardian to start news project backed by eBay billionaire
- Brzezinski admits alternative media stalling war with Syria
- Mainstream media to remove comments section on articles